My first class was cancelled this morning. So I had a little extra time to devote to styling my new haircut and baking (not at the same time, however!).
I was convinced to chop my hair last night and I feel good about it so far
But anyways, I asked Sean what he wanted for breakfast. We gave serious consideration to Perkins. Saving money is also pretty heavy in our minds so we stayed home and I adapted a banana muffin recipe.
The original recipe can be found here. I didn’t follow the instructions exactly, and I added some nuts to pack in the morning protein. Here’s my rendition:
- 1 basically melted stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 ripe (or over ripe) bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tiny splash of almond extract (tsp)
- 1 tiny sprinkle of baking soda (tsp)
- 1 & 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped cashews (you could use almost any nut)
Fill the muffin tin up, with liners or without- spray with Pam or rub some coconut oil in them, and bake at 400 for about 20 mins
My first batch got a little over done so watch them more carefully than I did 😉 Sean loved my second batch though! And so does our little man.